I love me a good, easy chicken recipe – especially if it’s got the delicious, Asian flavors I’m familiar with. For dinner tonight I made Sticky Garlic Chicken Bites, or General Erika’s Chicken,” a term
unofficially coined by my husband. 🙂
Sweet: Check. Spicy: Check. Garlicky: Check. Healthy: Check. Easy-peasy to prepare: Check. This dish is a winner in my book, and it took me less than an hour to prepare it. Not to mention, it’s baked, so it’s fairly healthy. Joel loved this dish so much that he has asked me to add it to my recipe repertoire. And I’m more than happy to. 🙂
I followed the video recipe from Tasty. I’m loving their short, easy-to-follow cooking videos.
Here’s how I did it.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup Panko
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp honey
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- Garlic salt (or regular salt)
- Green onions and sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease your baking sheet/rack.
- Cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the egg, then dredge in Panko. Make sure to coat the entire chicken by pressing lightly onto the breading.
4. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Bake for about 18-20 minutes.
5. When there’s about five minutes left until the chicken is ready, prepare the sauce. In a small sauce pan over medium low heat, combine the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, Hoisin sauce, and Sriracha. Mix thoroughly and let simmer for about two to three minutes.
6. Stir in the chicken and toss to combine.
6. Sprinkle some chopped green onions and sesame seeds.